Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome :)

Dear reader,
There are a number of reasons you could be reading this. You could be one of my generous sponsors, one my friends or family, or you could be both. Either way, you are likely someone I want to keep updated while on my travels.
This year I decided that instead of going to University like the rest of the people my age, I was going to do something different. I applied for a Canada World Youth program called Youth Leaders In Action, and (surprise!) got in. The program began on September 14th, and it will end on March 14th 2013. It is a six month program that takes part in Canada and Bolivia; half and half. The official languages of the program are French and Spanish, but it has become a trilingual program because of the number of English speaking participants.
Myself, along with 8 other Canadians and 9 other Bolivians are to spend three months in Saint-Jerome, Quebec, then the following three months in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. During the program we live in these communities with a host family, and do volunteer work and run workshops and activities. Since our program is in the health strand, and the focus is violence against women, our work will be involved in this field.
My goal of this blog will be to write AT LEAST once a week.. but no guarantees. I would love to keep everyone updated on here, but I'm not very good at journal type things so it'll be a challenge. I will attempt to rise to it!
I hope you enjoy reading this blog, and message or comment with any questions you have!
Mucho amor!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment