Friday, December 28, 2012

Welcome to Santa Cruz, Bolivia !

On Sunday December 16th we loaded back onto the micro (small bus-like things that are the Bolivian version of city buses) and headed into Santa Cruz. I met my host family, who are wonderful, and we spent the rest of the day settling into our new house.
I live on Calle los Junos, between the second and third ring, in a beautiful house with the Camacho family. It is my counterpart Danitza's family. We live with her mom and dad, and their two kids; Jeanine who is 10, and Percy who is 16!
I share Danitza's room, with her and Sophie (my other counterpart), but this time luckily we aren't sharing a bed. Sophie and I sleep in bunk beds, and Danitza has her bed.
The houses here are all behind walls or gates, so to access them you have to ring the buzzer to be let in. Our house is behind a wall, and so from the outside it looks like this:


My room is on the back, on the second floor. The view from the window is out over all the other roofs and houses, which I find absolutely awesome. My favorite place, by far, is to sit outside of my window on the little balcony/ledge!
This is part of the view from my window!

No comments:

Post a Comment